Thursday, July 31, 2008
Week 4--Thing 9--Locate school library related blogs or news feeds
As I progressed through this exercise, I realized the problem was not finding blogs or news feeds important to me, rather the problem was finding too many. I once heard a blog defined as an electronic soapbox. That was very evident in my travels through the sites suggested. Often more undocumented opinions than reliable and authoritative facts. I finally concentrated on sources familiar to me such as library periodicals and professional organizations. Most of these sources have an RSS icon that makes an easy task of adding it to your feed reader. As far as news feeds, all major publishers and broadcasters have an RSS icon to facilitate a quick addition to your reader. Now, all I have to do is make a habit of checking my feed reader on a regular basis--Doc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment